The Grand Tour, Venice to the Alps
Putting the last minute touches to a journey from the coast of the Adriatic to the mountains of Alto-Adige, Brenner Pass, Austria and beyond. This trip should be called ‘Trains, Planes and Automobiles’. Guests will travel by train, car, horse-drawn carriage and even cable car, during this magical 10 night trip across the Alps. Starting near Venice with private boat trips on the lagoon, then proceeding to Verona, home of the star-crossed lovers Romeo and Juliet. Then north into the Dolomites for a few days of fresh air and mountain walks. Next it’s the Brenner Pass over the Alps to Innsbruck and Austria’s Tyrol region, before Salzburg, Sound of Music and Munich, capital of Bavaria.
Next departure on this exceptional journey in the footsteps of the Grand Tourists is September, 2024.
Northern Italy – relief map – 1906, London
Next time you visit Italy check out my blog: www.educated-traveller.com for hundreds of articles about Italy, The Alps, British Isles and numerous references to maps.
#Maps #Italy #Veneto #Friuli #Geography #GrandTourist #Journeys #EducatedTraveller #travel #journeys
- For a little more on maps and their importance: The Map Room
- More on Journeys in Europe: Venice to the Alps – A Journey
- Why not join us for the next Grand Tour – departing Venice – 26 Sept, 2024
- To travel with #GrandTourist in 2023 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To book: Get ready for your next trip!