VENICE – city of romance
Discover Venice – city of romance. A city marooned between land and sea. A city floating in a lagoon of blue-green water.
Venice – La Serenissima is a unique historic city, filled with palaces, elegant piazzas and magical canals. This amazing settlement in the middle of the Venetian Lagoon has inspired poets, writers and artists for generations. Peggy Guggenheim, the American heiress, arrived here in the 1940s. She bought a palace on the Grand Canal and never left. Today her modern art collection is open to the public and is one of the most important 20th century art collections in Europe. Here on the Grand Canal you can look at works by Chagall, Picasso, Man Ray, Kandinsky, Jackson Pollock and Matisse. All this in the most spectacular city, where stunning architecture, history and atmosphere combine to create the glory of Venice – an independent republic for almost 1000 years.
St Mark’s Square, The Campanile (Bell Tower) of San Marco, Rialto Bridge and Doge’s Palace are all waiting to be discovered.
At Grand Tourist we specialise in exceptional tailor-made travel, and our Venice – City of Romance programme is no exception.
Our tour programme includes:
- Private transfers from Marco Polo Airport by sleek water taxi to your hotel.
- 4 nights in a boutique hotel in the heart of artistic Dorsoduro neighbourhood.
- Buffet-style breakfast daily.
- Welcome Reception with Prosecco and Canapes!
- Private boat tour of Bacino San Marco, Giudecca, Canale Grande – this is VIP Venice.
- Experience the Rialto Bridge, Fish Market, Accademia Bridge and Santa Maria della Salute.
- Discover the watery expanses of the Venetian lagoon.
- Explore the Arsenale, former boat-building yards of Venice. The Venetian fleet was based there during the days of the Republic (a Republic that lasted almost 1000 years).
- Visit San Giorgio Maggiore (by lift) for the finest view of Venice, St Mark’s and the lagoon.
- Vaporetto Tickets included – This gives unlimited use of the public boat service.
- Visit the historic villas that line the Brenta Canal, where wealthy Venetians built their summer homes including Villa Pisani at Stra. Famed for it’s difficult maze ‘labyrinth’ there’s even a spotter’s tower in the centre to help you.
- Explore Villa Foscair, known as Malcontenta, designed by Andrea Palladio. It is now a private home exquisitely located on a curve of the Brenta Navaglio.
- Admire the frescoes by Veronese at Villa Barbaro near Asolo.
- Maps, guides and restaurant recommendations provided.
Prices and additional information:
- Euros from € 3200
- US Dollars from $ 3600
- British Pounds from GBP £ 2800
Prices are per person / There is no single room supplement.
- Travel on a date to suit you.
- Best value can be found in April, May and October.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details and to chat through your exact requirements. Grand Tourist offers truly tailor-made travel.
- Please visit our blog – The Educated Traveller for numerous articles on Venice and Veneto area.
- To read more about Art in Venice in the 2017 Biennale: Venice’s Biennale, Lorenzo Quinn and Damien Hirst
For a perfect day in Venice – Venice – A Perfect Day
- To really discover the lagoon: The Lagoon of Venice
- To book contact: email@example.com
A LAST WORD OR TWO…
Venice is an enchanting city. Palaces, bridges and canals link the numerous islands of Venice to each other. This is a city of boats, lapping water and polished paving stones. A city to walk, wander and dream. A place to enjoy the lagoon, islands and country houses of the Venetian nobility. I will create a journey for you through the city that has inspired and influenced me for more than thirty years.