VENICE AND VENETO – A la carte
Discover Venice and the Veneto region. Meet the locals, discover historic houses, walk in the footsteps of Palladio, the architect. This is a land of green fields, gushing rivers and beauty. Beauty everywhere.
John Ruskin the art connoisseur was influenced profoundly by Venice and the Veneto region. In his famous book ‘The Stones of Venice’ Ruskin sketched and recorded the details of many Venetian palaces. He walked the length and breadth of La Serenissima sketching the palaces, alleys and canals. These days modern art is strongly represented in Venice too – Palazzo Grassi and Punta Dogana are both fabulous gallery spaces. Whilst The Guggenheim Collection, formerly the private home of Peggy Guggenheim, houses an incredible selection of modern art including Chagall, Picasso, Man Ray, Kandinsky, Jackson Pollock and Matisse. All this in the most spectacular city, where stunning architecture, history and atmosphere combine to create the glory of La Serenissima. St Mark’s Square, Bell Tower, Rialto Bridge, Doge’s Palace and St Mark’s Basilica.
All this before you even set foot on terra firma and the land of Palladio. Historic houses, beautiful towns and magnificent countryside. At Grand Tourist we specialise in exceptional tailor-made travel. Our specialist travel programme to Venice and the Veneto region includes all of the following:
- Private transfers from Marco Polo Airport to your hotel
- 5 days – 4 nights in a country house hotel on the Brenta Canal
- Beautifully located hotel in the heart of Veneto countryside
- Generous Buffet-style breakfast daily
- Welcome Reception with Prosecco and Canapes!
- Private boat tour along the Grand Canal from Piazzale Roma to San Marco – the only way to really see Venice.
- Marvel at the palaces that line the Grand Canal, Rialto Bridge, Fish Market, Accademia Bridge and Santa Maria della Salute
- Discover the watery expanses of the Venetian lagoon
- Explore the Arsenale, former boat-building yards of Venice, where the Venetian fleet was based during the days of the Republic (a Republic that lasted almost 1000 years).
- Ascend the bell tower of San Giorgio Maggiore (by lift) for the finest view of Venice, St Mark’s and the lagoon.
- Board the vaporetto (water bus) to discover the city further – 24 hour ticket included. This gives unlimited use of this boat service.
- Visit the villas that line the Brenta Canal, where wealthy Venetians built their summer homes and fabulous stately homes still line the waterway including Villa Pisani at Stra. Famed for it’s difficult maze ‘labyrinth’ there’s even a spotter’s tower in the centre to help you.
- Visit Villa Malcontenta, designed by Andrea Palladio and now a private home exquisitely located on a curve of the Brenta Navaglio.
- Admire the frescoes by Veronese at Villa Barbaro near Asolo
- Maps, guides and restaurant recommendations provided.
- Prices from:
Euros € 1850–
US Dollars $ 2350–
- British Pounds GBP £ 1750 –-
Prices are per person / There is no single room supplement
- Travel on a date to suit you.
- Best value can be found in April, May and October.
Contact email@example.com for more details and to chat through your exact requirements. Grand Tourist offers truly tailor-made travel.
- Please visit our blog – The Educated Traveller for numerous articles on Venice and Veneto area.
- To read more about Art in Venice in last year’s Biennale: Venice’s Biennale, Lorenzo Quinn and Damien Hirst
For a perfect day in Venice – Venice – A Perfect Day
- To really discover the lagoon: The Lagoon of Venice
- To book contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
A LAST WORD OR TWO…
Venice is an enchanting city. Palaces, bridges and canals link the numerous islands of Venice to each other. This is a city of boats, lapping water and polished paving stones. A city to walk, wander and dream. A place to enjoy the lagoon, islands and country houses of the Venetian nobility. Why not join me, Janet Simmonds, tour guide and travel writer in the city that has inspired and influenced me for more than thirty years.