SICILY – A FUSION OF COLOUR, SUNSHINE, HISTORY AND WINE
The crossroads of the Mediterranean Sea
This is your chance to discover the real Sicily. Stay in the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ragusa Ibla. Stay in a former palazzo, now a bed & breakfast in Palermo, marvel at the spectacular Greek Temples in Agrigento. Visit the Baroque Palaces of the 18th century. Relax in Taormina for spectacular views and a charming, historic old town complete with ancient Greek theatre. Enjoy the finest foods and wines and delicious ice creams that Sicily has to offer. This is the crossroads of the Mediterranean, a fabulous mixture of north and south, east and west. A visit to Sicily is a feast for the senses and a revelation for the emotions.
Here’s an article about a street tour of Palermo markets, we did in April, 2019. A Tour with our own Personal Jesus
Discover why Cefalu is my perfect little town in Sicily. Cefalu, my favourite small town in Sicily
Read more about our experiences in Sicily at our blog: www.educated-traveller.com
Sicily – now – it’s a great time to travel..…
A 9 night stay includes the following:
- A wonderful and original itinerary devised uniquely for you – truly tailor-made travel
- Comfortable and spacious double/twin rooms with en suite bathroom
- Breakfast daily (this will vary from very simple to very generous)
- 3 x dinners in Italian trattoria-style simple, authentic restaurants
- Transportation in comfortable Mercedes Viano mini-van with driver.
- Expert tour guide to introduce the history and culture of Sicily
- Local guides in Ragusa, Agrigento and Palermo
- Visit Montalbano country and see the locations where ‘Montalbano’ solves his weekly crimes.
- Explore the picturesque Baroque towns of Val di Noto: Modica, Scicli, Ragusa Ibla.
- A visit to the Greek Temples at Agrigento – just spectacular
- Wine tasting and farm visit in the countryside
- The chance to meet the locals and hear about life in Sicily
- Numerous special and interesting visits
- Meet a bee-keeper on the slopes of Mount Etna and sample local honey
- Drive up Mount Etna, a volcanic mountain to see lava flows and volcanic ash
- Enjoy lunch in an agriturismo featuring delicious, fresh, organic, local produce.
SICILY – hotels / accommodation – we will be staying in the following styles of property:
- Ragusa Ibla (3 nts) – Family-run characterful, boutique hotel in the heart of the old town, with numerous terraces and hidden seating areas.
- Palermo (3 nts) – A delightful & stylish Bed & Breakfast right on the water front.
- Taormina (3 nts) – A historic & elegant hotel with beautiful gardens and fabulous views
VIP EXTRAS – celebrating a birthday, anniversary?
- Why not add a very special extra treat VIP treat.
- A day driving a fabulous PORSCHE 718 GTS Boxster now available.
- At Grand Tourist we offer tailor-made itineraries for small groups and individuals.
- Our pricing structure is a per person price – no single supplement.
- Flights are not included.
Prices for this trip – start at around:
- Euros € 3500– / per person
- US$ $ 3950– / per person
- GBP £ 2895– / per person
ASK FOR MORE INFO
Many of our guests have travelled with us on numerous occasions. They comment on our attention to detail and originality of itineraries. These individuals are happy to chat directly to new customers. Let us know if you’d like to be contacted by a regular Grand Tourist traveller. We’ll put you in touch, so that you can hear opinions straight from the horse’s mouth.
For a selection of articles on Sicily – visit our blog
What our clients have said…
“We can’t thank you enough. A perfect blend of culture and leisure time. The food and guided tours were brilliant and we even had a gondola ride. The hotel was lovely and they upgraded us to a suite. What a fabulous holiday.”
CT & friends (Banbury)
The quality of service provided by Grand Tourist is second to none!
DFR & LMK (Stockholm and London) – May 2016
‘I’m at a loss for words – the knowledge and expertise that you have helped me enormously on my recent driving trip through Italy’