This is your chance to discover the real Sicily. Stay in the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ragusa Ibla. Stay in a tiny bed & breakfast in a fishermen’s village, see the fishermen bring in the catch. Marvel at Greek Temples built at the same time as the Parthenon in Athens. Experience Sicily’s food and wine. Visit the Baroque Palaces of the 18th century. Meet the locals. Relax in Taormina for spectacular views and amazing tranquility. Visit an ancient Greek theatre and a sophisticated old town. Enjoy the finest foods and wines and ice creams of Sicilia…
Flexible dates of travel…
A 10 night stay includes the following:
- A wonderful and original itinerary devised uniquely for you – truly tailor-made travel
- Clean & Comfortable double/twin rooms with en suite shower/wc
- Breakfast daily (this will vary from very simple to very generous)
- 3 x dinners in Italian trattoria-style ristorante
- Transportation in comfortable Mercedes Viano mini-van with driver.
- Expert tour guide to introduce the history and culture of Sicily
- Local guides in Ragusa, Agrigento and Palermo
- Visit Montalbano country and see the locations where these evocative detective stories are set.
- Explore the Baroque towns of Val di Noto: Modica, Scicli, Ragusa Ibla. Picture postcard gems each one.
- A visit to the Greek Temples at Agrigento
- Wine tasting and farm visit in the countryside.
- The chance to meet the locals and hear about life in Sicily
- Numerous special and interesting visits
- Meet a bee-keeper on the slopes of Mount Etna and sample local honey
- Drive up a volcanic mountain to see ancient lava flows and volcanic ash
- Enjoy lunch in an agriturismo, with spectacular views for miles
Hotels – we are staying in the following styles of property:
- Ragusa Ibla (3 nts) – Family-run characterful, 3-star hotel in the heart of the old town, with numerous terraces and hidden seating areas.
- Palermo (3 nts) – A delightful Bed & Breakfast in a charming and old fashioned fishing village right on the water front.
- Taormina (4 nts) – A historic & elegant hotel with beautiful gardens, spacious rooms and fabulous views
SUMMARY OF TRIP
- This itinerary is available throughout the year. Chose your dates of travel and let us know.
- At Grand Tourist we offer tailor-made itineraries for small groups and individuals.
- Our pricing structure is a per person price – no single supplement.
- Flights are not included.
Prices for this trip are:
- GBP £ 2895– / per person
- US$ $ 3950– / per person
- Euros € 3500– / per person
Ask for more info
Many of our guests have travelled with us on numerous occasions. They comment on our attention to detail and originality of itineraries. These individuals are happy to chat directly to new customers. Let us know if you’d like to be contacted by a regular Grand Tourist traveller. We’ll put you in touch, so that you can hear opinions straight from the horse’s mouth.
For a selection of articles on Sicily – visit our blog
What our clients have said…
“We can’t thank you enough. A perfect blend of culture and leisure time. The food and guided tours were brilliant and we even had a gondola ride. The hotel was lovely and they upgraded us to a suite. What a fabulous holiday.”
CT & friends (Banbury)
The quality of service provided by Grand Tourist is second to none!
DFR & LMK (Stockholm and London) – May 2016
‘I’m at a loss for words – the knowledge and expertise that you have helped me enormously on my recent driving trip through Italy’