The Veneto area of Italy is enchanting, the waters of the Venetian lagoon, the magical city of Venice and the rolling hills of the Veneto region make for a wonderful journey in Northern Italy. Add in the historic town of Asolo, where the poet Robert Browning, writer Freya Stark and actress Eleonora Duse lived for many years and you really have it all………….
Summary of trip
Choose to travel as individuals (and we will create an itinerary for you to follow) OR travel as part of a small group. At Grand Tourist we specialise in exceptional tailor-made travel, creating the perfect itinerary for you!
Our specialist travel programme to Venice and the Veneto includes:
- Private transfers from Marco Polo Airport to your hotel
- 5 nights in a town house hotel in Asolo
- 5 nights on the Brenta Canal at Mira, ideal for Palladio’s Villa Malcontenta
- Buffet-style breakfast daily
- Private boat tour of Venice.
- Boat ride to the island of Burano with its fishermens’ cottages, and lace-making ladies.
- Lunch at fabulous Da Romano Restaurant. Don’t miss the risotto!
- Discover Venice on foot with our special and easy walking tour.
- Visit Villa Angarano, Palladian villa and sample award-winning wines from their vineyard.
- Explore the charming town of Asolo – known as the city of the ladies.
- Visit Villa Emo, a Palladian villa famed for its frescoes.
- Explore Villa Barbaro and Maser and then sample exceptional local products in the winery next door.
- Really discover the land of Palladio.
- For more background on Villa Emo and the history of this amazing house – then click here: https://wp.me/p5eFNn-3JN
- Other features:
- Mini-van transportation in Mercedes Viano throughout.
- Visit the Scrovegni Chapel, Padova to see the exceptional 14th century frescoes by Giotto. Tickets must be purchased in advance.
- Four dinners included in hand-picked restaurants
- Tour the hills of Veneto including the amazing villas
- Private tour of Freya Stark’s Garden
- Maps, guides and restaurant recommendations
- Expert tour guide to escort the group and lead all sight-seeing.
- GBP £ 2950– per person / US $ 3950– per person
- Based on double room for single use.
- There is no single room supplement.
This tour will run from 02-12 May, 2019
Why not take a look at our blog The Educated Traveller and read about Dame Freya Stark, one of Asolo’s most famous inhabitants. Dame Freya Stark, Traveller, Writer, Bon Viveur
Or read about the amazing Bianchi Michiel sisters and their vineyard at Villa Angarano. The Five Sisters of Villa Angarano
Contact Grand Tourist for more details and to plan your tailor made trip.
What our clients have said…
“We can’t thank you enough. A perfect blend of culture and leisure time. The food and guided tours were brilliant and we even had a gondola ride. The hotel was lovely and they upgraded us to a suite. What a fabulous holiday.”
CT & friends (Banbury)
The quality of service provided by Grand Tourist is second to none!
DFR & LMK (Stockholm and London) – May 2016
‘I’m at a loss for words – the knowledge and expertise that you have helped me enormously on my recent driving trip through Italy’