2017 is a truly exceptional year to visit Venice. From now until November the Biennale is taking place, a fabulous modern art event. There’s also the Damien Hirst exhibition playfully called ‘Treasures from the wreck of the Unexpected’ to be enjoyed at Palazzo Grassi and Punta Dogana. There’s a Hockney exhibition on too and of course the fabulous permanent 20th century art collection at the Guggenheim. All this in the most spectacular city, where stunning architecture, history and atmosphere combine to create the glory of La Serenissima. St Mark’s Square, Bell Tower, Rialto Bridge, Doge’s Palace and St Mark’s Basilica.
At Grand Tourist we specialise in exceptional tailor-made travel. Our specialist travel programme to Venice includes all of the following:
- Private boat transfers from Marco Polo Airport to your hotel
- 4 days – 3 nights in a Historic Palazzo on the Grand Canal
- Beautifully located hotel in the heart of Venice
- Generous Buffet-style breakfast daily
- Welcome Reception with Prosecco and Canapes!
- Private boat tour along the Grand Canal from Piazzale Roma to San Marco – the only way to really see Venice.
- Marvel at the palaces that line the Grand Canal, Rialto Bridge, Fish Market, Accademia Bridge and Santa Maria della Salute
- Discover Venice on foot with our wonderful local guide.
- Explore the Arsenale, former boat-building yards of Venice, where the Venetian fleet was based during the days of the Republic (a Republic that lasted almost 1000 years).
- Visit the Giardini (Public Gardens) where much of the Biennale is based. The national pavilions of the many exhibitors are here.
- Ascend the bell tower of San Giorgio Maggiore (by lift) for the finest view of Venice, St Mark’s and the lagoon.
- Board the vaporetto (water bus) to discover the city further – 24 hour ticket included. This gives unlimited use of this boat service.
- Visit the Brenta Canal, where wealthy Venetians built their summer homes and fabulous stately homes still line the waterway.
- Visit Villa Malcontenta, designed by Andrea Palladio and now a private home exquisitely located on a curve of the Brenta Navaglio.
- Maps, guides and restaurant recommendations provided
- Prices from:
British Pounds GBP £ 995–-
Euros € 1150–
US Dollars $ 1450–
Prices are per person / There is no single room supplement
Travel on a date to suit you. Best value can be found in November and over the winter months.
Contact email@example.com for more details and to chat through your exact requirements. Grand Tourist offers truly tailor-made travel.
- Please visit our blog – The Educated Traveller for numerous articles on Venice and Veneto area.
- To read more about Art in Venice in 2017: Venice’s Biennale, Lorenzo Quinn and Damien Hirst
For a perfect day in Venice – Venice – A Perfect Day
To book contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
A LAST WORD OR TWO…
“Venice is an enchanting city. Palaces, bridges and canals link the numerous islands of Venice to each other. This is a city of boats, lapping water and polished paving stones. A city to walk, wander and dream. A city of romance. Why not join me, Janet Simmonds, tour guide and travel writer in the city that has inspired and influenced me for more than thirty years.”