NAPLES – VESUVIUS – AMALFI – CAPRI
ROMANCE, HISTORY, SUNSHINE, SEA
A week in the Italian sunshine, visiting Vesuvius, Herculaneum, Amalfi Coast and the magical island of Capri
NAPLES, VESUVIUS, AMALFI, CAPRI
Treat yourself to ten days of Italian sunshine, food and wine. Wonderful history and culture. Incredible scenery. Flying into Naples you’ll see Vesuvius, the volcano, a brooding mountain dominating the Bay of Naples. Head south to Sorrento or Amalfi for 4 nights on the coast. A private car and driver will transport you to your hotel on arrival.
After a couple of days of rest and relaxation, your driver will take you to Vesuvius, where you can walk up to the crater for spectacular views. Then to descend and visit Pompeii and Herculaneum, the towns buried with debris when Vesuvius erupted in AD 79, is a memorable experience.
Back on the coast it’s a short ferry crossing over to the island of Capri. This is the stylish and picture-perfect island that the film stars of Hollywood flocked to in the 1960s. Stay in a delightful luxury, boutique hotel and lap up the luxury. How is it possible for the sea to be so blue? After Capri there’s a night or two in Naples to finish off your stay. Naples is amazing, it’s crazy, vibrant, full of fun and you’ll be enthralled! Stay in a luxury hotel overlooking the bay. The roof terrace has stunning views of Vesuvius.
We’d like to suggest:
- 4 nights Amalfi Coast = Hotel Rufolo, Ravello
- 3 nights Capri – Hotel Scalinetta
- 2 night Naples – Grand Hotel Parker’s
- Excellent quality hotels
- Spacious and comfortable double room
- Generous Buffet Breakfast daily
- Arrival transfer Naples to Amalfi
- Ascent of Mount Vesuvius for exceptional views
- Full day excursion to Herculaneum & Pompeii
- Private car and driver service for the day
- Expert local guide at Pompeii & Herculaneum
- Car transfer from Amalfi to Sorrento for ferry to Capri
- Transport from Capri port to hotel
- Beautiful room with sea view
- Maps, guide books and local information provided.
- Departure transfer by ferry from Capri to Naples
- Car transfer from Naples waterfront to prestigious historic hotel. Short city tour en route.
- Departure transfer from Naples hotel to airport
The programme cost is from:
- STANDARD – GBP £ 1995—pp / 2 guests in double.
- Classic double room in each property.
- Sea view in Naples only.
- SUPERIOR – GBP £ 2595—pp / 2 guests in double.
- Double room with sea view at all properties
- DELUXE – GBP £ 2995—pp / 2 guests in Junior Suite / Superior double rooms.
- Junior Suite at Hotel Rufolo, Deluxe Double at Scalinetta, Sea View Double, Naples. All with sea view.
Travel on a date to suit you. Best value can be found in April, May and October.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details and to chat through your exact requirements. Grand Tourist offers truly tailor-made travel – don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss your exact requirements.
- Please visit our blog – The Educated Traveller for numerous articles on Italy.
- To read more about Vesuvius and volcanic activity in the Bay of Naples read our recent article: Vesuvius and Herculaneum
- To learn more about travel in Italy over the years – read our blog article – The Grand Tour in Italy
- To book contact: email@example.com
A LAST WORD OR TWO…
“Southern Italy is enchanting, from the splendid mountain slopes of Vesuvius to the spectacular archaeological ruins at Pompeii and Herculaneum, there is so much to discover and appreciate here. To combine this history and culture of Naples with rest and relaxation by the sea, makes for a perfect holiday destination”