Venice & Asolo & Palladian Villas of the Veneto
The Veneto area of Italy is enchanting, the waters of the Venetian lagoon, the magical city of Venice and the rolling hills of Valdobbiadene make for a wonderful journey in Northern Italy. Add in the historic town of Asolo, where the poet Robert Browning, writer Freya Stark and actress Eleonora Duse lived for many years and you really have it all.............
Summary of trip
At Grand Tourist we specialise in exceptional tailor-made travel. Our specialist travel programme to Venice and the Veneto includes:
- Private transfers from Marco Polo Airport to your hotel
- 5 nights in a town house hotel in Asolo
- 5 nights on the Brenta Canal at Mira, just handy for Villa Malcontenta
- Buffet-style breakfast daily
- Private boat tour of Venice.
- Boat ride to the island of Burano with its fishermens' cottages, and lace-making ladies.
- Lunch at fabulous Da Romano Restaurant. Don't miss the risotto!
- Discover Venice on foot with our special and easy walking tour.
- Visit a private vineyard for wine tasting and visit - meet the owners.
- See the fabulous Byzantine mosaics of Classe, just outside Ravenna
- Explore the charming town of Asolo - known as the city of the ladies.
- Visit and learn about Ferrara, charming university city south of Venice
- Visit Verona and explore this city of Romeo and Juliet
- More details: A magical journey through Venice and the Veneto region
- Mini-van transportation in Mercedes Viano throughout.
- Visit the Scrovegni Chapel, Padova
- Four dinners included in hand-picked restaurants
- Tour the hills of Valdobbiadene, home of Prosecco...
- Maps, guides and restaurant recommendations
- Expert tour guide to escort the group and lead all sight-seeing.
- GBP £ 2750-- per person / US $ 3950-- per person
- Based on double room for single use.
- There is no single room supplement.
For more details click here: A special tour of Venice and the Veneto
This tour will run from 02-12 April, 2017
Or read about the amazing Bianchi Michiel sisters and their vineyard at Villa Angarano
"We can't thank you enough. A perfect blend of culture and leisure time. The food and guided tours were brilliant and we even had a gondola ride. The hotel was lovely and they upgraded us to a suite. What a fabulous holiday."
CT & friends (Banbury)
The quality of service provided by Grand Tourist is second to none!
DFR & LMK (Stockholm and London) - May 2016