The English Countryside - Oxford, Cotswolds, Lakes
In May 2017 Janet Simmonds will lead a small group of guests through her native English countryside. This relaxing journey will include Oxford, world famous university city, the villages of the Cotswolds and the magnificent mountains and valleys of the Lake District. The tour will include visits to private homes and gardens. Ancient libraries, venerable cathedrals and fine stately homes will be explored. The history, art and culture of the British Isles will be discussed and developed.
Summary of trip
TOUR DATES: 05-15 May, 2017
This 11 day (10 night) tour will include:
- Accommodation in Bed & Breakfast or Country-style Inns
- Breakfast daily
- Full sight-seeing programme
- Tour guide to accomapny the group throughout
- In depth visits in Oxford, Cotswolds, Lake District
- College and library visits
- Pub Lunches, Afternoon Teas
- Visits to private homes and gardens
- Free time for drawing, painting, writing.
- Evening dinners 'family style' with conversation
- Relaxed and friendly, small group atmosphere
The cost of this trip:
- GBP £ 2950-- per person
- USD $ 3950-- per person
'I have traveled with over a dozen touring groups, and now that I have discovered Grand Tourist for my last two trips, I'm hooked. Janet pays attention to the tiniest details and produces travel that is seamless--just what I've been looking for. She gives just enough information to put what we're seeing into historical and geographical perspective--truly the Educated Traveller!' Mary Lou Peters (Michigan) - October, 2016
TO READ MORE:
Our sister site the blog - Educated Traveller has various articles about England, Oxford and the Lake District that are well worth a read.....