Sicily - the rich heritage of the Mediterranean
This is your chance to discover the real Sicily. Stay in the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ragusa Ibla. Stay in a tiny bed & breakfast in a fishermen’s village, see the fishermen bring in the catch. Marvel at Greek Temples built at the same time as the Parthenon in Athens. Experience Sicily’s food and wine. Visit the Baroque Palaces of the 18th century. Meet the locals. Relax in Taormina for spectacular views and amazing tranquility. Visit an ancient Greek theatre and a sophisticated old town. Enjoy the finest foods and wines and ice creams of Sicilia...............
TRAVEL DATES: 20-30 September, 2017
A 10 night stay includes the following:
- A wonderful and original itinerary devised uniquely for this group
- Clean & Comfortable double/twin rooms with en suite shower/wc
- Breakfast daily (this will vary from very simple to very generous)
- 3 x dinners in Italian trattoria-style ristorante
- Transportation in comfortable Mercedes Viano mini-van with driver.
- Expert tour guide to introduce the history and culture of Sicily
- Local guides in Ragusa, Agrigento and Palermo
- A visit to the Greek Temples at Agrigento
- Wine tasting and farm visit in the countryside.
- The chance to meet the locals and hear about life in Sicily
- Numerous special and interesting visits
- Meet a bee-keeper on the slopes of Mount Etna
- Drive up a volcanic mountain to see ancient lava flows and volcanic ash
Hotels – we are staying in the following styles of property:
- Ragusa Ibla (3 nts) – Family-run 3-star hotel in the heart of the old town.
- Bagheria (3 nts) – A tiny Bed & Breakfast in a charming and old fashioned fishing village
- Taormina (4 nts) – A historic hotel with beautiful gardens, spacious rooms and fabulous views
Summary of trip
- This trip will run from 20-30 September, 2017
- The Grand Tourist small group trips are very suitable for single travellers.
- We do welcome couples too.
- Our pricing structure is a per person price - no single supplement.
- Flights are not included.
Prices for this trip are:
- GBP - £ 2895-- / per person
- US - $ 3950-- / per person
- Euros - € 3500-- / per person
Many of our travellers have said wonderful things about our approach to travel, attention to detail and orginality of itineraries. Many of these individuals are happy to chat directly to new customers. Let us know if you'd like to be contacted by a satisfied traveller. Many of our guests have travelled with us on many occasions.
OUR BLOG - The Educated Traveller Blog
The Educated Traveller - has various fascinating articles about Sicily. Read more by clicking on the following links: