A WEEKEND IN VERONA
Verona is the city of Romeo and Juliet. A city of romance. A city of art, culture, music and history. Every summer the Opera Festival takes place in the Roman Arena. Verona is in a delightful location on the banks of the River Adige.
Discover the fascinating history of this beautiful city. Visit the Roman Amphitheatre, known as L’Arena. It is still in tact and its circular walls provide excellent acoustics for concerts and opera. It is inspirational to see such a venerable building still in operation and at the heart of Verona’s cultural life, almost two thousand years after its construction.
Imagine yourself in Shakespeare’s Verona, the City of Romeo and Juliet, where the Montagues and the Capulets were at war. Visit Juliet’s balcony. See the tombs of the Scaligeri. Enjoy coffee in the Piazza dell’Erbe. Relax and sample ‘la dolce vita’ with plenty of free time to relax, to shop and to stroll.
SUMMARY OF TRIP
We are very happy to tailor-make the perfect Verona experience just for you – we’d suggest a 4 night stay in a luxurious country house hotel over-looking the city.
Our suggested programme includes:
- 4 nights at a luxury country house hotel
- Buffet style breakfast daily
- Prosecco on arrival / with our compliments
- Guided walking tour of Verona with local expert guide – including Roman Arena, Juliet’s House, Piazza Erbe and Piazza Bra.
- Dinner in a historic restaurant in Verona with fabulous atmosphere and excellent food.
- Morning or afternoon excursion to Lake Garda with private boat cruise on the lake.
- Vineyard visit and wine tasting in nearby Soave
- Chauffeur-driven car services to/from Verona Airport.
GBP £ 1250 / Euros € 1400 pp based on two people – sharing a deluxe double room
WHAT OUR CLIENTS ARE SAYING:
- ‘I must tell you how impressed I was with every step of the planning process. All of our arrangements were clear, the hotels were all perfect.’ Jim Link, Atlanta, GA – June 2016
- ‘What a wonderful holiday, the perfect blend of history, art and free time – thank you.’ PG (Chester)